Limelight Consulting Group Pty Ltd ABN 73 610 632 347 (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our”) is a leading recruitment company with specialist divisions focussed in the Digital & Interactive Media, and IT and Technology sectors. Our services include identifying and seeking suitable candidates to fill permanent, contractor and temporary vacancies with our clients (Recruitment Services).
If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so, however it may affect your use of our Recruitment Services or our Site.
1. Collection of personal information
- Personal Information: The type of information we collect may include:
- contact details including email address, address and telephone number;
- date of birth;
- demographic information such as postcode;
- preferences and opinions;
- information that you provide in a resume or curriculum vitae; and
any other information requested on our Site or otherwise requested by us or provided by you.
Your use of our Site: As with most online businesses, we may log information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
Your opinion and feedback: We may contact you to voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or market research to seek your opinion and feedback. Providing this information is optional to you.
2. Use of personal information
- We collect and use the information for purposes including:
- to contact and communicate with you;
- to place it on our cloud-based database to enable us to provide our Recruitment Services to you;
- for internal record keeping;
- for market research and business development including website development; and
- marketing including direct marketing.
3. Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose personal information for the purpose of providing the Recruitment Services to you, including but not limited to, disclosing your personal information in connection with:
- actual or possible work placements around the world;
- government agencies to verify work rights or identity;
- police checks; and
- obtaining references.
We may also disclose personal information:
- for the purpose of providing relevant information, products, services or marketing to you;
- to credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities to recoup unpaid amounts;
- to courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
- to third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia.
If there is a change of control of our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where we would seek to maintain confidentiality.
4. How we treat personal information that is also sensitive information
Sensitive information is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles.
In referring to ‘sensitive information’ we mean, by definition:
- information that relates to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional association or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records;
- health information; or
- biometric information.
The type of sensitive information that we may collect include:
- criminal record checks;
- credit checks;
- child safety checks; and
- health information.
Sensitive information will be used and disclosed for the primary purpose of providing the Recruitment Services to you, and for other purposes which are directly related to the primary purpose for which your sensitive information was collected.
Sensitive information may also be used or disclosed if required or authorised by law.
5. Your rights and controlling your personal information
Access: You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by email. We rely in part upon customers advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach, please contact us by email setting out details of the breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing setting out the outcome of our investigation, what steps we propose to take to remedy the breach and any other action we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database, or opt out of communications, please contact us at the details below.
6. Storage and Security
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
7. Cookies & Web Beacons
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons or clear. gifs are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the behaviour and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
8. Links to other websites