- Leading FinTech Business
- Highly Technical Environment
- SQL Server | IaaS | Data Engineer | AWS
Senior Engineer / Database Administrator (DBA)- A rare opportunity exists to join Australia’s leading FinTech business as a Senior Data Engineer / DBA.
You’ll be surrounded by talented engineers contributing to and influencing the direction of our clients products and future technology state.
Senior Data / Database Administrator (DBA) – Core responsibilities for the role will include:
- Providing technical guidance to Product and Development teams
- Designing, building, and optimising data/database solutions for our clients technology stack
- Play a role in influencing organisational change and appraoch to Data engineering and administration
- SQL deployments, database schema management, query optimisation and performance tuning
- Set up environments in AWS and work closely with cloud technologies
- Identifying gaps and implementing security controls for databases, including encrypting data at rest, TLS connectivity, key management, auditing, access control, authentication and NACLs
- Leveraging modern AWS database services and tools, including RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB, ElastiCache and Redshift
Senior Data Engineer / Database Administrator (DBA) – You will have the following experience:
- SQL Server administration and troubleshooting
- Database capacity planning
- Data modelling and data analysis
- Cloud technology deployment experience, ideally using AWS
- Excellent organisational skills
- Designing, building, and optimising data/database solutions
- SQL deployments, database schema management, T-SQL, query optimisation and performance tuning
- Infrastructure as code, CI/CD pipelines, the software development lifecycle and implementing security practices
- Experience with other major Databases including Oracle or Sybase
Senior Database Administrator (DBA) – This is a fantastic opportunity to be a database lead for Australia’s leading FinTech business!